Programs are developed and organized by professional educators and trained passionate volunteers who hope to engage youth in the greater Seattle area and beyond. Our goal is to provide positive experiences to help young people mature and to prepare them to become responsible and caring adults.
Crew 313 is an Islamic youth development program rooted in the principles of Tarbiyah (self-development). Activities are specifically designed and great effort is placed on developing qualities and habits to reach our fullest potential by incorporating scouting traditions and the Tarbiyah Model.. Youth ages 9 and above may participate and High school students are eligible to become youth officers of the crew. Adults are welcome to volunteer.
Development- Facilitating dynamic and supportive relationships between youth, adult leaders, and organizations in their communities is our goal. Community members may establish a crew by matching youth, adults and program resources to the interests of families in their local community. The result is a program of exciting, meaningful and practical activities that help youth pursue their special interests, develop leadership skills, and become good citizens.
Youth involved in Crew will:
- Learn to make quality decisions over their lifetimes by living the values of Crew 313 Oath and Code.
- Choose group and individual goals and track their own achievements.
- Acquire skills and knowledge in the areas of adventure, sports, arts and hobbies, religious life, and Scouting.
- Experience positive leadership from adult and youth leaders and be given opportunities to take on servant leadership roles.
- Learn and grow in a supportive, caring, and fun environment.
Crew 313 aims to help youth fully develop as human beings (al-insan al kamil). Excellent character traits, good citizens, and fostering fitness through carefully designed activities designed to meet the needs of young people, inshallah.
- Leadership. All Crew members are given opportunities to learn and apply leadership skills.
- Team Work Activities. Learning by doing in a group setting provides opportunities for developing new skills.
- Adult Partnership. Youth officers work closely with adult advisors who, serve in a “shadow” leader capacity.
- Recognition. Recognition comes through acknowledgement of a youth’s competence and ability by peers and adults.
- The Ideals. Crew members are expected to know and live by the Oath and Code. They promise to be faithful in personal commitments, treasure their Islamic heritage, help others, and seek truth and right action. We create opportunities for lifelong positive memories, brotherhood and sisterhood and healthy life skills.
An important goal of Crew is to help young people be responsible and caring, both now and in the future. Inshallah, these youth will develop the ability to make responsible choices. By making real decisions and problem-solving youth learn to employ empathy, creativity, and commitment when they think through their values and work toward a solution.
Crew 313 is managed by the following individuals:
Sr. Kristen Jawad and Br. Abed Jawad
Sr. Zahra Hussaini and Br. Reza Hussaini
Sr. Ifrah Hyder and Br. Jameel Hyder
Use the contact tab to send us email if you have any questions.